Learning Today, Leading TomorrowMission
ISL is committed to the development of internationally-minded citizens who aspire to make the world a better place.Philosophy
The International School of Lusaka seeks to forge a unified and caring community which exhibits mutual respect and understanding, wherein each individual feels welcome, safe and valued as part of a greater whole. Through internationally accredited educational programmes, ISL aims to develop in all students a genuine desire to learn and the conviction that education is life-long and open-ended. ISL does not align itself to any political or religious creed.
Our learning environment is characterized by inquiry, creativity, action and reflection. We experience interculturalism through the nurturing of attitudes and values, which permits us to appreciate our diversity. Internationalism at ISL recognizes differences and embraces what we have in common, for the benefit of all.Aims
- To provide a holistic educational programme, which supports the development of each student in a safe and inclusive environment.
- To ensure purposeful and engaging learning experiences, which foster a genuine desire to continually learn about ourselves, others, and the world around us.
- To develop the habits of mind necessary for independent, creative and critical thinking, and effective communication.
- To nurture an appreciation for self and others within the
diverse ISL community and beyond.
- To provide opportunities which develop an awareness of individual, community and global rights and responsibilities.
The International School of Lusaka, founded in 1963, is one of the oldest international schools on the continent of Africa, and is currently the third largest such school in the Association of International Schools in Africa. There are over 700 students from over 60 different countries. The teaching staff consists of over 50 professional educators from 15 countries.
Learn more at: www.islzambia.org